Monday, July 16, 2012

Moving forward


As far as we know, Levi hasn't had any seizures since Saturday.  There have been a couple of jerks while he was sleeping, but it seemed more like the usual sleeping jerks than seizures and they didn't repeat in clusters like the normal ones do.  So, hopefully that means the steroids are working.  With that, though, the steroids are definitely affecting him.  He was either cranky, crying, or screaming from the time that he woke up till 6:00pm yesterday.  He did give us 3 or 4, 5-10 minute breaks.  But, overall, he was a mess.  He just wasn't himself and that was hard to deal with.  I feel like I can handle 17 different medications and shots and probes and whatever crazy tests or treatment we have to face, but when my son is not my son it kills me inside.  So, the past couple of days have been a bit more difficult emotionally.  It's all starting to soak in.  I'm really realizing that life is going to be different for awhile and I'm not quite okay with that yet.  But, I know I will be.  Why?  Because Jesus is holding me!  Here is a scripture he's speaking through today.  I'm saying it aloud as I type each word.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father who has given them to me is greater than all; and one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."  -John 10:27-29

Here's another scripture that I am speaking over Levi's life.

"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority."  -Colossians 2:9-10

Lord, PLEASE, let Levi be made complete through You!

No comments:

Post a Comment