Thursday, April 17, 2014

Seven Years

When I started this blog, it was because I needed a creative outlet.  I shared my music, poetry, and random thoughts about life.  Nearly two years ago, I found myself in a hospital room trying to text lengthy updates about Levi and his condition.  That, obviously, didn't work very well and sparked the evolution of this blog. Since then, I've focused on Levi, his condition, and the effects it has had on our family.  Today, though, I want to shift the focus, a bit, to my husband.

This week marks our seventh wedding anniversary, which is, in part, why I want to celebrate my husband.  I say, 'in part', because I've wanted to do this for months now.  I've just never gotten around to it and our anniversary gave me that extra oomph to get it done.

And now, the words:

Of all of the people on the face of the earth, I respect my husband the most.  He is one of the most genuine, thoughtful, generous, and patient people I know.  He SERVES his family.  He works excruciatingly long hours and follows that, not by plopping down on the couch to play video games or watch sports like his stereotypical American counterparts; but rather he ends his long days (the ones that he doesn't work until midnight or later) by playing with our children, helping with the dishes, and rubbing my aching back.  He helps with the little things like getting the kids out the door when it's time to leave or by preparing breakfast for us, on occasion, before he leaves for work, while we're still sleeping.

He is strong.  Some jerks (Yes. Jerks.) might see what he does and say he's 'whipped'. On the contrary, there have been countless times that I have pleaded with him to stop and just sit down, but he, being the strong (stubborn) man that he is, insists on serving his family.  He knows how to put his foot down.  It's just that he serves us out of a quiet strength.  He's not a William Wallace from "Braveheart" who runs in front of the masses and cries out in elaborate speech for the sake of a cause.  He's the warrior directly behind William Wallace, who courageously fights at the front lines, setting the example of what it means to take a stand, not with words, but with action. He is that kind of strong.

He puts Christ first.  He bases his decisions and actions on the Word of God.  His strength and his service are prime examples of how he strives to be like Christ.  He is passionate about seeing the glory of God heal and transform broken lives.  He is steadfast in his faith and his relationship with God,  Through everything we've gone through with Levi, he has turned his own broken heart over to God and been concerned more for me and our boys than for himself.  

All of this together, and so much more, lend to my having the best husband I could possibly have. I could go on forever, but I don't want to make all of you other ladies out there feel too jealous. :)

Seven years!  Seven incredible, beautiful, and sometimes difficult years!  And no itch!  That's not to say we haven't had our moments, but that's all they were - moments. We leave them at that.  And, though the fiery romance can be interrupted with long shifts, poopy diapers, and snotty noses, it is through those very things that I have found an even deeper kind of love - respect.  I am truly overwhelmed by the respect I have for my husband.  It wells up inside of me and I just have to get it out!

Happy Anniversary Jeremiah Luntsford!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment